|I've gots the surveys, I've dones the chemistry...
||[Apr. 1st, 2006|07:34 pm]
|||||done with chemistry!!||]|
Surveys are a good way of learning random, obscure things about someone, and letting this enhance what you already know and love (or, know and hate! haha).
1.EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING?
Nope! Maybe later…
2. HOW LONG YOU'VE LIVED IN YOUR PRESENT HOME?
…Your grammar hurts?
Here it’s been about 2 years.
3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED:
a fond thought and a much-meant “I love you”…several, at that!
Also, a cookie my manager had bought me a month ago. Almost cried—it was so kind of him!
4. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU DROPPED YOUR CELL?
None. I RULE YOUR ASS!!
5. ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING?
Yep—pollen and dust and pollen and nicotene and mold and pollen…did I mention pollen?
6. THING (S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON?
Bus passes, train tickets, plane tickets…those are thankfully the only recent big things :)
7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE?
Right now I’m eating a cheese omelette and english muffins with strawberry jam and lots of butter. Mmm. This is living…so was cooking it.
8. FIRST THING(S) YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Nose, eccentricity level, smile, how he treats me.
9. ONE FAVORITE SONG?
“Learning to Fly” by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers—that one’s been on repeat
10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED(ing):
Erm. Live Oak High for three days…then was home-schooled for a few months…then took the CHSPE at 16 and passed (meaning I graduated high school)…then started at Gavilan College. Yeah. Not a whole lotta real high school in there.
12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER?
Cingular. Their voice message system makes me murderous, but at least the signal’s always clear.
13. FAVORITE MALL STORE(S)
Auntie Ann’s Pretzels. Those are the only things that make the mall worthwhile! Try their almond pretzels with caramel dip. *drooooool*. I buy little else at the mall and haven’t gone in ages.
14. LONGEST JOB HELD:
my…current job at the bookstore. lol
15. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE?
Yes! Six different sorts actually. D&D style!
16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?
Nope. That’d be mean
17. LAST WEDDING ATTENDED?
A wedding for one of linda’s relatives. Everyone was drunk except me…it was funny!!
18. FIRST PERSON YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Erm. My family?
19. LAST TIME YOU ATTENDED CHURCH:
at least 10 years ago. I don’t remember much, other than being really hungry and bored and wanting some flatbread (yes, I was lame and apparently not at all Christian, even back then!).
20. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT:
in n’ out burger. Sooooo good and fresh and simple. They have a cheeseburger without the meat patty! Cheeeeeeese…shake…FRYYY…
21. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE HEARD?
“can you come to my party Saturday?”
“eeerm. Saturday? No, I’m planning to be sick this weekend. Sorry!”
What happened to 22?
23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS?
Fresh Choice. Mmmm. Or, somewhere I could cook for them.
24. CAN YOU COOK?
Yes. Though my cooking style’s so bizarre that most people seem afraid to try it. I tamper with recipes (if I use them at all!), and mix things that most people wouldn’t even think of mixing.
25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
None. (aka: my ass)
26. BEST KISSER?
Um. Best kisser to me, or is there a rating system involved?
Either way, the answer would be Ari.
(Ari--it’s what’s for dinner!)
27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
28. MOST DISLIKED FOOD:
I have yet to find a food I dislike (yes, I’m a vegetarian but I do admit that meat tasted alright before).
29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF?
My life is great, and it’s because I’m finally letting it be great.
30. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
when I’m stressed out I tend to whine—a LOT.
32. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB?
Probably 11 hours—it was at the bookstore during rush week, and not enough people had applied so we got offered unlimited overtime.
33. FAVORITE MOVIE?
The Matrix, Mannequin, or The Princess Bride. Hard choice!
34. CAN YOU SING?
A bit—I’m on key usually. If only I could coax my voice to raise its volume!
35. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED?
I’ve never been to a concert! Missing out, I know…
36. LAST KISS?
August 2nd, with Ari. We shall kiss again next month!!! :-D
37. LAST MOVIE RENTED?
Can’t even remember—dr. strangelove I think (also with ari)
38. THING YOU NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT?
Keys to get inside when I get back home? Lol.
39. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT?
San Martin, with my family.
40. DO YOU LIKE CHINESE FOOD?
Yes—though there is a limit to how much vegetarian chinese food one can find.
41. HOW BIG IS YOUR BED?
42. IS YOUR ROOM CLEAN?
Yes—it always must be in this house
43. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?
I have neither, though this is a desktop and it works
44. FAVORITE COMEDIAN?
I’m not really into “staged humour”.
46. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES ON?
47. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT?
48. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?
Who better to answer this than me, eh? Yes, they can work—but not forever. NEVER forever. *shudder*
49. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE?
Zero—which is good, since I don’t drive!
50. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST?
51. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?
I like coffee flavouring, but not coffee itself. It’s way bitter, and makes me horribly thirsty. Iced blended coffee-ish things are great though
52. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?
Fried over medium, with the yolks broken halfway through so they cook nicely. Mmm.
53. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?
Not particularly—there’s a bit of truth in it I believe, but not much more. It’s fun though.
54. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Mr. Ari (surprise surprise!)
55. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?
I…honestly can’t remember!
56. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED?
From John, a couple weeks ago. I don’t make a habit of sending any texts back—seems weird to me.
57. MCDONALDS OR BURGER KING?
58. NUMBER OF PILLOWS?
One or two—depends on what my neck can take.
59. WHAT ARE YOU HEARING RIGHT NOW?
Me typing. And, screaming…?! Heeeeelp *dies*
60. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC OR SONG?
"Then you walk to the window and stare at the moon
Riding high and lonesome through a starlit sky
And it comes to you how it all slips away
Youth and beauty are gone one day
No matter what you dream or feel or say
It ends in dust and disarray
Like wind on the plains, sand through the glass
Waves rolling in with the tide
Dreams die hard and we watch them erode
But we cannot be denied
The fire inside"
61. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J SANDWICH?
If I have to eat one—strawberry. I prefer pb & honey, personally.
62. CAN YOU PLAY POOL?
Yes, though badly
63. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SWIM?
Yes, though I’m less graceful in water than an earthworm, lol
64. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Peanut butter cups with fudge sauce and peanut butter ribbons, all in vanilla ice cream.
Or… mint chocolate chip, pralines & cream, or any worthy substitute.
65. DO YOU LIKE MAPS?
Yes—they’re fun. Unless I have to use them :P
66. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF?
I’m left-handed and my left arm is like, super-buff while my right is all weak…at least to me. It’s strange.
68. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY?
ASTRONOMY-THEMED LITTLE BROTHER’S BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
69. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Fall’s fun, and not too hot OR cold.
70. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID?
This afternoon. I was high on…sex hormones, my usual drug. Yes. Silly me!
71. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING ?
6:30…yes, it is a Saturday. I’m fun :)
72. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?
It’s not hot!! And the weather gets legendary—it changes every day too!
73. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET?
Never—you asked this already, right?
75. DESCRIBE YOUR CHILDHOOD:
as good as it could have been, considering I was Neurotic Amanda even then and always worried about everything…my mother was lovely, my father was…ok, and I got happy about random stuff.
76. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED?
77. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?
Homework. I’m done with chemistry finally!! Tomorrow I’ll tackle Bio and Stats.
79. MOST HATED THING?
Voluntary ignorance. Ugggh.
80. WHAT MONTH IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
41 THINGS YOU'D NEVER THINK TO ASK
1. have you ever been searched by the cops?
Nope—that’d be pretty bad.
2. do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
Yes—not because I’m afraid, but because it makes the fun sensations last longer.
3. when's the last time you've been sledding?
4. would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?.
Someone else. Namely ari—I ache to fall asleep hugging him again.
5. do you believe in ghosts?
Do I ever!!
6. do you consider yourself creative?
Yes—I’m creatively klutzy ;)
7. do you think o.j. killed his wife?
I was pretty little when that was going on. From what people have said though, I’m pretty damn sure he did.
8. jennifer aniston or angelina jolie?
Neither. Not into that celebrity idolism thing, man
9. can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
Yes I can. Your point is…?
10. do you know how to play poker?
Nope. But I know how to eat pretzels!!
11. have you ever been awake for forty-eight hours straight?
No--would be physically impossible for me. The closest I got was a 24-hour awakeness during a sleepover which resulted in a severe, week-long depression and an intense craving for Cheetos.
12. the new wendy's commercial "SENSATIONAL!"
I’m confused. What are you asking?? *cowers in corner*
13. who was your first love?
Ari is the first guy I’ve actually loved and who loved me back, if that’s what you’re inquiring.
14. if you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run a red light?
If I drove, probably not. I’m natural-born wuss :P
15. do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Yes—or rather, a whole bunch of them that only a few people know. I’d probably die with such a secret festering inside me with no outlet. It’d break out of my stomach and jump into a friend’s ear or something!
16. boston red sox or new york yankees?
I know nothing about either of them—not exactly into sports
17. have you ever been ice skating?
Yes! That stuff makes your legs so sore…I only fell down once, but then again I never left the wall! (I’m kinesthetically challenged, lol)
18. how often do you remember your dreams?
Quite often. I tend to forget most of the sexy/exciting ones though, which pretty much sucks. At least I still get the “WTF???!” ones to keep my memory company.
19. when was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Last night—or was it the night before? Was telling Ari stories about how gullible I used to be as a child :P good times.
20. can you name five songs by the beatles?
“You’ve got to hide your live away”, “hey jude”, “yellow submarine” (oh GOD, the agony!), “sgt. pepper’s lonely hearts club band”, “imagine” (or was that john lennon?)
21. what's the one thing on your mind?
There are several things IN my mind at any given time, but as to what’s ON my mind…I have really no idea, lol.
“I disapprove of all this sex on the tele. I mean, I keep falling off!”
22. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not love at first sight. but love at first knowing, yes.
23. do you know who ba-ba-booey is?
…do I want to?
24. do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes. Seriously, who wouldn’t?
25. what talent do you wish you had?
I wish I was better at debating. Getting my point across in general and actually having people HEAR the same thing I’m trying to say
26. do you like sushi?
Vegetarian sushi, yes—the rolls with avocado and such frickin’ OWN YOU.
27. have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
Car-wise, thankfully no.
Metaphorically—yes. My anorexia was about as a fatal an accident as anyone can get (but then again, was it an accident??)
28. what do you wear to bed?
Nothing! Unless it’s cold. (yes, forget I ever told you that.)
29. have you ever been caught stealing?
I’ve never stolen…so no, I’d hope not
31. do you truly hate anyone?
Nope. I dislike and/or despise some people…but not hate them
32. rock or rap?
Rock!! Rap is the Antichrist…seriously.
33. if you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
no, please?!? Get that thing outta my face. I JUST don’t LIKE you. Wait…what are you doing with that knife, ahhhhhh!!!!?!!!11
34. do you know anyone in jail?
Nope, thankfully I’m sure
35. have you ever sang in front of the mirror like your favorite singer?
Well—sang along to great songs in front of the mirror, yes.
37. what food do you find disgusting?
Actually, nothing I’ve tried. I’m about as un-picky and into “bizarre foods” as they come.
38. did you ever play, "i'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?
oooo, no but that might be fun! *fantasizes*
39. have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
The whole point of making fun of friends is to annoy them—how would that accomplish anything?
40. Ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Yes—I have a pesky little habit of doing that, live with it people.
41. have you ever been punched in the face?
No, but I’ve punched someone in the face!!