|Now comment and tell me what sorts of people piss YOU off!!
||[Apr. 4th, 2006|12:09 pm]
Ok. All the notarized crap is sent out with 2nd Day Air.
There's not much else I can do right now, besides try to not think about it because if I do I'll drive myself utterly crazy. I need something fun and engaging.
So, compliments of Amanda's Wrath, I bring you:
1) People who seem to see blending in with all the other societal conformers as the way to go, since it's safe and there's people who will always accept them and they'll never have to make a decision for themselves--they'll just make the same decisions everybody else makes, cause the masses are always right.
Also, since the masses run the world (from their viewpoints) and make up most of the world, why should they ever have to think for themselves again?
These people remind me of flocks of pigeons, actually (not to pick on pigeons...this just fits). They're comstantly freaking out at the same things at the same moments, and when one eats they ALL eat, and if one of them is seen alone...well, you know that bird won't survive long.
It's hard to describe these people. There are SO MANY of them, all over the place. When I talk to one, I know immediately by the way they react to situations. They're almost like a person who absorbs their personality from others like them...they might have had one on their own if situations were different, but they don't now and I don't know if they still could. It's like talking to an Agent or something...because when one says something, they all say it. No matter which one you're talking to, you know you'll always be talking to the same person.
2) Homophobes. Not REGULAR homophobes, mind you--they're entitled to an opinion, as am I--but the following types:
The ones who are so very religious that when you ask them why un-straight people make them uncomfortable, they start quoting random Bible passages. And those are the ONLY reasons they give, EVER, and they see gays/lesbians/bi's/etc as ungodly creatures who have an eternity of punishment coming because they did not "follow a Godly person's path", etc etc...
Also, the people who obviously have repressed un-straight leanings that they have chosen to attack as violently as possible (along with every un-straight person they come across), to try and convince themselves that they ARE completely straight and their lives are spiffy and un-screwed up...etcetc, and to make these peoples' lives a living hell because they DESERVE it, they made the wrong decision but this person made the right one...erggggh.
WHICH BRINGS ME TO:
3) People who obviously have problems, but live their whole lives telling themselves their lives are perfect and they shouldn't change, it's everyone ELSE who needs to change and heal and overcome their problems. Hence, they get obsessed with everyone else's problems but theirs and talk about how screwed up these people are and how they should change, and obviously find great joy in this, because it makes them feel "fixed" and superior, even though it's just making their own buried, denied problems lay festering even more. And if they just got these things worked out (as healthy people do), and admitted they have things they need to work on (as does everybody), or have a problem with stress, or miserable lives they need to make happier...then they could slowly correct the wrongs of their lives and make the whole world a better place and live happily ever after...BUT THEY DON'T. Because, the very act of admitting there is something less than perfect in their lives seems like this horrible, vast insult...so they don't, EVER...
4) People who believe something that obviously isn't true, and when there is DIRECT PROOF right in front of them that it isn't, they STILL refuse to admit that they were wrong. They either, a) change the subject and refuse to discuss it again, b) pretend to not realize this and keep saying they're right, or c) grope for the first thing they can possibly find to say regarding something YOU have been mistaken about (related to this or otherwise).
You're HUMAN, people, and you can be mistaken sometimes. It's OK! No one's gonna incarcerate you if you admit to the fact that you didn't know what a wombat was, or something. However, you're gonna get a solid punch in the FACE if you keep acting like all-knowing assholes all the time...
5) People who get incredibly thrilled with others' misfortunes (Ari told me two words for such people, but with this bad memory of mine I can't remember either!). Just, unnaturally fascinated by the thought that their next-door neighbor just got evicted, and they were lucky enough to SEE the official nailing the notice to that neighbor's door. Or, who bring their cars to a dead halt in the middle of the street to intently watch someone changing their tire on the side of the road, but then realize how boring it is to watch and drive away, disappointed. Or who come to their friends with shining eyes, saying "OMG, that girl in my English class just got dumped...and I saw her CRYING!", etc etc, and then proceed to ask (with poorly-concealed wonder) "do you think she's gonna kill herself, or go bankrupt or something?".
They always have an expression composed of proper solemnity, but their excitement and gleeful eyes and inability to stop discussing the subject just shows that they're in love with others' misfortunes.
Yes. Those are only some. They let off a bit of steam. Yay!!
(PS: you're probably gonna hate me now. Eeep?)