|Ten random/strange things about me (from Crystal).
||[Apr. 12th, 2007|06:01 pm]
It's time to play Tag! Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird or random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end you choose ten people to be tagged & list their names. Then leave a comment that says, "You're it" on their profile and ask them to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you. It's the perfect excuse to praise fellow bloggers and & it gives people something to do when they're bored. Tweak your entry or comments as you see fit.
1) Water mortally frightens me, and being trapped in a small space surrounded by vast quantities of water frightens me even more. Hence, you’ll never find me on a ship, inside a dam, or (hopefully) in the wake of a hurricane. I also try to stay away from the beach…the wildlife is fascinating, but I can only go a few hours before I start freaking out and thinking the ocean will swallow me up. So in middle school, when we were asked to write down the scariest movie we’d ever seen, I of course wrote down Titanic. And people laughed…oh did they laugh. I still don't understand why no one else thought of it as scary.
2) I was a vegetarian for seven years. I finally had to start eating meat again because I was getting increasingly anemic and shaky. Now I feel like my factory-farm-bashing work is done (I probably DID make a dent after all that time), and I’m now paying attention to my rapidly-improving health.
3) During last week’s martial arts class I was temporarily incapacitated because I managed to punch myself in the face during one of the katas. Yes, I am fairly good at martial arts…but I’m still a klutz. By the way, klutziness turns me on and Ari’s wonderfully klutzy (remember “um, I think some ice cream fell into my sock…”, Ari?).
4) I know what it looks like when ornithologists are mutually attracted.
5) Five years ago I was anorexic, and almost died from it. I had lost almost half my body-weight during that time. If my mother had not forced me to get help (and therefore realize that I had a problem), I would have died from it. Indeed, I had been close to dying from it. But, I was one of the few to recover with no major relapses. I am also one of the few who can call myself, with 100% certainty, a recovered anorexic.
6) I think most horror films are funny, and I watch them to laugh.
7) I love being busy. Right now I’m taking 17 class credits (five lectures and two labs) and working 20 hours a week. I sometimes get really depressed on the weekends when there’s not enough to do (which I know is not a healthy reaction at all, and I have been working on it in counseling).
8) I don’t wear makeup and never have, nor do I do anything special with my hair besides put it up in different ways. And guess what, other girls? People still like me, and my boyfriend thinks I’m more attractive than I ever would be with makeup. So the lesson of the day is: Don’t be afraid to go out in public wearing your actual face. It’s probably even pretty!
9) Whenever I see a small child, I get this horrible aching feeling in the depths of my innermost being that seems to scream out, “make one, Amanda! Right now! Your life will never be complete until you do!!”, etcetc. I’m not sure if it’s instinctual or emotional, but probably it’s both. I REALLY want kids, and so does Ari. Of course we are waiting to fornicate until after marriage to ensure that none come at a time when we can’t provide for them emotionally or financially, but dang…give me the blessing of a child someday! Please! Lol.
10) I’m fascinated by insects, fungi, arthropods, and the like…in fact, I like them just as much as “prettier” lifeforms such as trees, pandas, or erm…happy flowers with dots. In fact, last night I noticed mold growing in my bathroom doorframe and my first thoughts were, “wow! I wonder if this is zygomycota or oomycota. If only I had a microscope I could see their method of spore distribution and be able to tell for sure!”. Most people would just take the Lysol and kill them all away, but why would I decimate a thriving community of intermeshed fungi??
You're all tagged, if you choose to be.